"In every walk with nature one receives more than he seeks."
John Muir

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Moose hunting


When in Alaska, one is always on the alert for moose. They are huge creatures and it is best to avoid a conflict with them as they usually win. Especially dangerous when driving on dark roads (which I've not yet experienced due to the long days of light thus far). But I keep an eagle eye out to catch any glimpse of the large but shy creatures. It's quite thrilling.

This is the one that didn't get away. He is stuffed, and I don't mean with fresh leaves.


This moose was peacefully taking a drink along the road and didn't mind one bit that we stopped the car for a photo op.



We spotted this moose along the road to the hot springs. She has a baby in the grass along the riverbank. All we could really see were the baby's ears twitching but she kept close watch.


And then I discovered this moose living in the parking lot of my apartment!
Wow. Lucky find. Looks a bit like a cousin to Bullwinkle.


His goofy smile is on the roof of this little car--I think it's a Mini Cooper. Am I right, Hillary?
That would make him................ready??? A Mini-Moose.
(OK, you can stop laughing now...)

No comments:

Post a Comment