"In every walk with nature one receives more than he seeks."
John Muir

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Ahhh, the toil of laundry day


I work at Fairbanks Memorial Hospital, a Banner hospital.
This "candy machine" is just one reason why I am so pleased to be working here.
Upon arrival at the hospital early each morning, I flash my ID badge in front of this pad...



and a perfectly clean, pressed, and folded set of scrubs appears in a slot. I pull them out and voila! I'm ready to put them on and go to work.
I'm proud to be an RN. It took a great deal of effort to earn that title and I like being recognized for the position. The white neckline band on these scrubs identifies me as an RN and distinguishes my role from other hospital employees.



At the end of the day, tired and ready to head home, I simply drop the set of scrubs I've just worn into these bins and a thank you message appears.
I offer a casual, "You're welcome" to the screen and head out to my car, knowing there will be a fresh new set of scrubs waiting in the morning.


The hospital joins all of Fairbanks in celebrating FLOWERS all summer long. Many pots just like this one are scattered among the picnic tables where we can sit outside to eat our lunches. Like I said, I am pleased to work here.
*****************

Just thought I'd add another little picture of me in my scrubs. My romantic husband decided to thrill me by having a dozen roses delivered to the Pain Treatment Center where I was working. The white rose in the center was a significant but personal message. I was pretty excited and a coworker got this pic on her phone.
Thanks again, Jack.


No comments:

Post a Comment