"In every walk with nature one receives more than he seeks."
John Muir

Thursday, August 30, 2012

I See the Moon and the Moon Sees Me

I saw the moon!
Sleepless at midnight, I wandered out on the deck
and there it was, just coming over the nearby hills.
First time I've seen old Mr. Moon since I arrived in Fairbanks, mid-May.
He looked good.  Hadn't even aged.
Full and bright and covered a bit with clouds that made him glow, reflecting his light a bit.
I ran back to get my camera to get this picture for you.

I learned today that this pretty scene is actually 
a Blue Moon.
Nothing to do with the color,
it means this is the second full moon in the same month.
It sure is an awesome sight!
That makes me think--  
my dear family scattered all over the world
is looking at that same Blue Moon.
That thought makes me smile.

*************

I dedicate this sweet, old song to my husband,
patiently waiting for me 4,000+ miles away:

"I see the moon and the moon sees me
The moon sees the somebody I'd like to see.
God bless the moon and God bless me
And God bless the somebody I'd like to see.

It seems to me that God above
Created you for me to love
He picked you out from all the rest
Because He knew I loved you best."
                                         



No comments:

Post a Comment