"In every walk with nature one receives more than he seeks."
John Muir

Saturday, August 25, 2012

I Can't Help Myself

I've written about the Alaska's magical long days where the sunlight lingers
all night long.
That light makes for the most remarkable plant growth.
August is the month when the flowers are stunning!
Their size is incredible and the colors--so vivid they glow!
I've included many, many pictures of Fairbanks' flowers in past
August blogs, I know.
I just can't help myself!!!!

I wandered among the acres of tended flower patches at 
UAF's Georgeson Botanical Garden and simply HAD to take pictures.
Again, I simply can't help it! 
I MUST try and capture all of this beauty!
And then share it with you.


I usually photograph a scene or object as it simply appears.
I'm not an artsy photographer.

But I wanted to add a flair to these amazing flowers and let you
focus on some of the striking details that we often overlook.


So I angled.  And zoomed.  And cropped.



And behold-the wonder of each petal came into view.



The patterns and colors that invite the bee deep within,
pollinating and propagating the flower while he gathers pollen.


There is not one part of these beautiful flowers that is simple.
Each, from the daisy to the sunflower, shouts out Magnificence!
God's creativity at my fingertips!



Variety en masse!
Stars fallen from the night skies.




Petals as delicate as tissue paper.



Rotund Raspberries Ripening Roundly.  


Notice not the yellow of this glorious sunflower,
bit stare into the cluster of seeds and see the pattern of swirls.
They almost appear to be rotating and moving, don't they?


Does this not remind you of a teacher amidst the happy faces of her students?


 Jesus used these flowers as he taught about worry.
"And why do you worry about clothes?  See how the lilies of the field grow.  They do not labor or spin.  Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these."  (Matthew 7:28. 29)

Do you now see how I can't NOT fill my camera with such as these?


No comments:

Post a Comment