"In every walk with nature one receives more than he seeks."
John Muir

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Warm feet=happy toes!

Keeping feet warm and dry is a challenge in Alaska but most essential.
These particular boots have been well worn by Josh. He spends much of his work
days outdoors testing wells. He needs warm, dry feet!


Kathleen has these special boots called Sorrells. They are guaranteed
to keep toes cozy to -100 degrees. No risk of frostbite in these!


I just bought these shoes that are filled with puffy linings-can you tell?
They remind me of bedroom slippers and should keep my wimpy Texan feet
sighing with happiness no matter what the thermometer reads.


And I just had to include these cute, little feet.
These beautiful moccasins are handmade by an Alaskan Native who also is the one wearing them. They are made of soft leather, beads, and lined with rabbit fur. She lives in the Denali nursing home, part of the Fairbanks Memorial Hospital complex, and was at the Pain Treatment Center where I was working.
She graciously permitted me to take this picture of her little feet.
My flip-flops and sandals will grow dusty until I return...

No comments:

Post a Comment