"In every walk with nature one receives more than he seeks."
John Muir

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

10/10/10--REALLY?????

After weeks in warm and summery Texas, I am back in Fairbanks.
Sunday morning we awoke to snow falling softly. It was so pretty!!


The calendar may read 10/10/10 but there is sure no sign of autumn left here.


Monday morning I left early for work and stepped into this winter wonderland.


Guess I had to stop on the way home and make a purchase.
We used to own so many of these and they could be found in the car trunks
and corners of the garage.
But all were given away when we headed to Texas in 2004.
I definitely needed a new one now!


Here is where I am staying for the next few weeks.
It's called Sophie Station.


With scenes like this and the crunch of ice and snow under my feet, I find myself humming Christmas carols and wanting to hang a wreath on the door.
But I guess I need to celebrate autumn holidays and Thanksgiving first.
I know this isn't exactly the definition of Seasonal Affective Disorder, but it sure can be confusing to jump from autumn to summer to winter in a matter of days, to be honest.
Oh, and by the way, there is no longer any blossom on top of the Fireweed.

No comments:

Post a Comment