"In every walk with nature one receives more than he seeks."
John Muir

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Good-bye October

I really don't want to focus on the weather here in Fairbanks, but this is how my thermometer looked at 9 AM as the sun was rising. And fresh snow adorned the tall spruce trees.
I didn't install that oil heater any too soon.

I wondered how the kids here would be able to wear their trick-or-treating costumes. I remember our kids having to have large enough costumes to wear over their winter coats but since they were always homemade it wasn't really a big problem. I hear some stories up here of the plastic, store-bought little suits cracking when some of the halloweens were -20.
My little Texan grandbabies gathered lots of candy, according to the report from Popeye (Jack), and they had no worries of staying warm. Just melting chocolates.

*************************
Good-bye, October.
November will be a month of wonders for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment