"In every walk with nature one receives more than he seeks."
John Muir

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Praise and Worship under the Tent




Today is Sunday. I will be worshiping God in Texas but my heart will be in Haiti.
While we were there we attended church under a giant tent filled with benches.


This 8:30 service was mostly full and we were told that the 6 AM one was always overflowing.
Most of the worshipers walked there from the surrounding Tent Cities.
Many of the men wore fresh white shirts and ties and the women wore bright dresses. Remembering their living conditions with no running water nor electricity made me ponder how much effort went into readiness for church.


I cannot express how my heart was touched by the spirit of worship in this place. One need not be in a position of comfort and affluence to praise God. Nor does one need to even understand the language to worship. God understands our groanings, after all.

The praises of these people came from deep within their hearts.
They trusted God despite all that has happened and their spirits overflowed
with all thanksgiving due to Him.
It was awesome and humbling to join them under that tent.
note: I had a little video I of the singing that I tried several times to download onto this blog post but it never worked. I wanted to share it with you. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment