"In every walk with nature one receives more than he seeks."
John Muir

Monday, January 10, 2011

The Value of a Faithful Husband


Having recovered from jet lag,
I've been sorting my memories of months in Alaska.
I'd like to take this time to recognize my faithful husband.
He willingly took over the daily responsibilities of life and "held down the fort"
so that I could have all those weeks of adventure up north.
He paid the bills, mowed the yard, and cared for Shoeless Joe.


Ever the teacher, he kept teaching--
loving that his students were now his granddaughter...

and grandson.


He's a character, and his willingness to wear this 15-year old T-shirt to his job at Apple Computer proves he doesn't like change much.
He's a constant, steadfast kind of guy.
He's also happy to umpire baseball games and run in 100 degree Texas heat.
I don't always understand him, I admit.


But I know he is faithful and trustworthy.
His shoulders hold up all of us, even when he gets tired.


And the same Popeye that promised to catch her

is ALWAYS true to his word.


It is a comfort to be gone for so long, pursuing my own interests,
knowing he is faithful back at home.
I'm grateful for a husband who is independent and agreeable to my being gone.
But especially I am grateful for a husband who is faithful.
His alone days are past.
Now we'll have some together time making our own new memories.
I wonder where they'll lead us...

No comments:

Post a Comment