"In every walk with nature one receives more than he seeks."
John Muir

Saturday, January 1, 2011

On Entering 2011

Today is the FIRST day of a new year.
1/1/11.
I have no profound, original thoughts today, but will share
from a book by Oswald Chambers written in 1935.

GOD FIRST

Put God First in Trust.
Our Lord trusted no man; yet He was never suspicious, never bitter, never in despair about any man, because He put God first in trust...If I put my trust in human beings first, I will end in despairing of everyone; I will become bitter, because I have insisted on man being what no man ever can be--
absolutely right.

Put God's Needs First.
A man's obedience is to what he sees to be a need...we have to see first of all that God's needs in us personally are being met. When God's needs in us have been met, then He will open the way for us to realize His needs elsewhere.

Put God's Trust First.
God's trust is that he gives me Himself as a babe. God expects my personal life to be a 'Bethlehem'. Am I allowing my natural life to be slowly transfigured by the indwelling life of the Son of God?

*********************
A dear young pastor taught us this wisdom:
(with a southern accent so "thing" is pronounced "thang")
The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing.

My prayer is to keep God First throughout 2011 and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment