"In every walk with nature one receives more than he seeks."
John Muir

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Saying goodbye

I knew it would have to happen, but rather dreaded the day.
I had a talk with my sweet granddaughter about my leaving.
She seemed a little puzzled about this.


You see, ever since she arrived into our world, I have been there.
Literally. I watched her little head emerge, I heard her cry, I gazed in wonder as she turned from dark purple to blush pink and then bright red.
She listened carefully as I told her of these wonderful things.


We even had a little chuckle over some parts of the story.
I know it's hard to believe that this little baby, not yet 3 weeks old, is
responding with smiles and laughs--but she really IS!!!


She got a bit worried, though, when I told her I had to go back to Texas.
Mommy soothed her and reminded her that she and Daddy were still staying.

And then I shared the best part--they were all coming to Texas for a visit later this winter.
She could wear sundresses and go out for long walks in a stroller, though I had to explain what walks and strollers and sunshine were to this little Alaskan baby. She loved the idea of long, warm, sunny Texas days and this is how she expressed her pleasure. Pretty clear, huh?
I just hope this dear little baby doesn't change too much before her visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment