"In every walk with nature one receives more than he seeks."
John Muir

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Making a Statement

Public statements people post or wear amuse me.
I remember when bumper stickers began. Stopping at red lights
became fun by reading what the car ahead had plastered on its back. 
Then car owners unhappily learned that removing said stickers was not simple 
and it also took off the paint underneath.

Fairbanks seemed to have more than its share of "vanity plates"
and I kept the camera at the ready most days.
I missed some clever plates, of course, but caught a few.
I'll put them here for you to smile at:

This owner has a hard time with the bitter winter temperatures,
wouldn't you agree?



A "by your leave" as the driver peels out fast away, leaving me in the dust.



Wonder what is so amazing...
I can think of so many things!



Especially cute on this tiny Honda Fit car at the library.



Another one paying homage to the long winters.



I'll bet this car belongs to a chef or cook or food aficionado.


Caught this one while stopped at a light.
I suspect this pretty car was a token of someone's adoration.



And just the opposite sentiment is reflected here.
Saw this in the employee parking lot at the hospital when I was
leaving work one evening.  I was puzzling out the meaning and
didn't realize the car belonged to a coworker.
She laughed with me when I figured it out.



1 comment:

  1. I like the last one.. it did take me a minute ;-) My favorite that I have every seen:
    IMACRAB

    That was in PA when I was driving to work- I think I laughed out loud.
    H

    ReplyDelete